Thursday, May 11, 2006

told ya' i made books...

i know you didn't really believe me. but there are finally a few posted in my shop...
and they're quite lovely if i don't say so myself. perfect for all you artsy types who like to keep your ideas and drawings in something pretty. did i tell you the insides are made with fabriano mediovalis paper...so you could even paint in there?
i love books. yep, i make 'em and keep my favorites for myself, but i also have my own collection of purchased favorites. I love to start writing in each one when it's all crisp and new and watch it get worn and beat up as i carry it with me all over the place...penning my crazy ideas and thoughts and lists inside of them. There is something about finishing every page in a journal or album that is quite special. My own little curated exhibit of ideas. {because, you see, i usually write it down first all scratchy and messy on some stray piece of paper...then only the little gems make there way in to the pretty album.}

...and now, I am about to lose all credibility when I tell you that I am going to see the gymnastics movie "Stick It" tonight with some girlfriends. and i'm totally excited about it. have a good night...i'll let you know all about the movie tomorrow!

8 comments :

Anonymous said...

I totally want to see that movie! Beautiful book by the way

Anonymous said...

Of course you want to see that movie, you use to "stick it" when you were a child Ü, enjoy. Love..Aunt Sharon

Abigail A. Percy said...

beautiful new books amy...so, so pretty!! :) xox

amy said...

thanks girls...
it was hilarious by the way...i recommend you see it cori {but maybe a matinee :)}

shari said...

beautiful books!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cover, those little birds look wonderful!

lisa solomon said...

i'm very late to this, but am catching up on my blog reading.... i LOVE the book pictured here.... [obviously i was too late to even think of getting it!] and the photos for your mom's day post and the new designs/invites... such good stuff!!

deb said...

Your work is just gorgeous! :)

You're not alone.. I want to see Stick It too. I'm trying to drag my hubby to go with (not very successful in it so far.) :)